Showing all 14 results
Essential oils from ginger and wormwood for relief of digestive disturbances äó˘ Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine to help relieve digestive upsets such as flatulence and abdominal bloating äó˘ Provides 90 mg each of ginger essential oil and wormwood oil per daily dose äó˘ Also includes 190 mg of oregano flowering tops essential oil, 90 mg of clove leaf essential oil and 40 mg of evening primrose seed oil per daily dose Candicin is a combination of natural oils that are traditionally used to help alleviate digestive disturbances. Gastrointestinal upsets, including flatulence and abdominal bloating, may result from improper gastric or intestinal transit of food.1ŚćGinger contains oleoresin, which is responsible for its pungent odour.2ŚćElements in this resin, including shogaols, gingerols, and zingerone, can bind receptors on endocrine cells in the GI tract and pancreas.2ŚćThis results in increased gastric and bile secretion, gastric motility, and gastric emptying.2ŚćPancreatic digestive enzymes are increasingly released, which decreases the transit time through the intestines and helps relieve digestive upsets.2ŚćGinger also increases the flow of blood to the mucosal layer of the stomach, and inhibits serotonin receptors, which are responsible for mediating nausea.2ŚćWormwood oil contains absinthin, an extremely bitter compound.3ŚćSimilar to the pungent ginger, bitter compounds can bind receptors on endocrine cells in the GI tract and pancreas, synergistically enhancing gastric secretion, motility, and pancreatic digestion.2 REFERENCES 1. Houghton, LA, Whorwell, PJ. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2005; 17: 500_511. 2. Valussi, M. Functional foods with digestion-enhancing properties. International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition. 2012; 63(S1): 82-89. 3. Levit, A, Nowak, S, Meyerhof, W, Behrens, M, Peters, M, Niv, MY. FASEB Journal. 2014; 28(3): 1181-1197.
- As we age, production of stomach acid declines, which reduces the efficiency of digestion and nutrient absorption
- Natural Factors Betaine Hydrochloride with Fenugreek supports normal digestion and acts as an effective digestive aid by stimulating the secretion of pancreatic enzymes and reducing gastric inflammation
- Natural Factors DGL Licorice Root Extract aids digestion and treats stomach complaints, including heartburn and indigestion
- It soothes and protects the stomach lining, helping to heal ulcers and prevent their recurrence
- DGL contains no glycyrrhizin, so it’s completely safe, even for people with high blood pressure
- Natural Factors Peppermint Oil supports healthy digestion naturally
- Each ingredient has effective antifungal properties while the enteric-coated softgels deliver the oil directly to the lower digestive tract where it is most soothing for symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and digestive upsets
- Natural Factors Soothe Digest contains fennel seed, anise seed, and caraway seed, three aromatic carminative herbs that are known to help relieve digestive disturbances such as spasms and flatulence
- These herbs are also traditionally used in herbal medicine to aid digestion and to help stimulate appetite
- Natural Factors Turmeric & Bromelain is a combination of two powerful anti-inflammatory agents
- These capsules are safe, effective, and very useful for the reduction and relief of acute inflammation within the digestive tract or other areas of the body
- Traditionally used in herbal medicine as an expectorant to help relieve chest complaints, such as catarrhs, coughs, and bronchitis
- Also used to help relieve inflammatory conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, such as gastritis in adults
- Adults: Take 1-2 capsules twice daily or as directed by your health-care practitioner
WindBreaker is formulated with a very specific probiotic strain and an enzyme clinically proven to break down carbohydrate-rich foods and thus help reduce gas and bloating. Adults äŠ«Ść18Śćyears: Take 2äóń3Śćcapsules three times daily. Take with first bite of a meal. Consult a health-care practitioner for prolonged use
If someone in your household has a cough, bronchitis or stomach complaints, such as gastritis, thenŚćLicoriceŚćis a familiar flavour and time-tested traditional remedy well worth having on hand. Licorice is safe for small children, ages 4 and up, and its delicious taste makes it a very popular remedy. Liquid candy? Well, not quite, but still worth enjoying. Benefits Relieves chest complaints such as coughs and bronchitis Reduces hoarseness Relieves inflammation of the digestive tract such as gastritis in adults Features Made from organic and wildcrafted herbs Therapeutic dose of condition-specific herbs Tinctures are rapidly absorbed and metabolized äóń absorption begins in the mouth, allowing the body to absorb up to 98% of the medicinal components Large 100ml bottle size offers great value
Gas Stop works to alleviate gas and bloating associated with poor digestion of food, particularly beans/legumes, and cruciferous vegetables. When Gas Stop is taken with a meal, it works to break down food products into their smallest usable components (nutrients). This allows the body to absorb the maximum amount of nutrients from your meal. When food is effectively broken down, the overall function of the digestive system is improved, including a reduction in the amount of gas produced.
- Peppermint is traditionally used in Herbal Medicine to aid digestion (stomachic) and to relieve flatulent dyspepsia (carminative)
- Peppermint leaf is used to treat loss of appetite, spasms of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, flatulene, nausea, vomiting, and morning sickness
- St. Francis Herb Farm’s Peppermint tincture is certified organic
- 150 Lozenges
- Thayers Slippery Elm Lozenges Original delivers healing, protective, natural comfort to the throat and mouth without menthol and they are vegan-friendly!
- Soothes and heals
- Natural Plant-Derived Sweetener Cruelty-Free Ulmus Fulva? (That’s A Mouthful!)
- Thayers Slippery Elm Lozenges have been providing relief to singers, speakers, salespeople and other vocalizers since 1847
- Made from the inner bark of the Slippery Elm tree (ulmus fulva), these dependable demulcents soothe the tissues of the mouth and throat and restore the voice without the dulling effects of menthol
- Try them – you’ll soon be singing Thayers praises!
- Trusted by tenors, teachers, tour guides and other types who trill, talk and testify, Thayers Slippery Elm Lozenges speed relief to the throat and mouth
- They’re also free of preservatives, gluten, lactose and sodium, making them the all-vegetable remedy of choice for vegan vocalists
- Dissolve one in your mouth before you sing, talk or use your voice; take another one afterward to soothe the membranes and heal any oral abrasions