Showing the single result
- This is the Bach flower for unconditional love. But beware, in its negative state, the Chicory personality can be the most domineering and demanding of them all. The negative Chicory state produces a need to control, to be the focus of attention, and to be continuously assured of the family’s love.
- These are the children who cry incessantly if left to their own resources, and who use every tool from bribery to flattery, to extreme eagerness to “help,” to falling ill in order to achieve the attention they crave. In adults the need for the energy balance achieved from this Bach flower remedy shows up as a kind of possessive, extreme mother love.
- The negative Chicory personality will try to control and arrange every activity for her family and those in her circle of friends. She’s always there to “put things right” when others don’t meet her standards of performance. Her pleasure seems to come from commenting, criticizing, and demanding. Her love is conditional: “I’ll love you if you… ” This is the mother who insists that her children spend every holiday with her – and who makes their lives miserable if they don’t comply. She’ll use heavy doses of guilt to attain her objectives – making dealing with her an emotional drain on the entire family.
- In adults, as in children, frequent illness may be used as a way to gain both sympathy and attention. Often, the negative Chicory state is a result of a childhood devoid of love. Thus, the need for affection stems from a lack of fulfilment and a feeling of being unwanted. The feeling of unworthiness prevents this personality from being able to give love to itself so constantly seeks love from others.
- An interesting esoteric thought is that people destined to live in negative Chicory states have spent many past lives under the all-controlling influence of “mother church.”
- As Bach Flower Remedies begin to work in the Chicory personality, fear of loss will dissipate and the ability to love oneself will grow. Once brought into balance through Bach flower therapies, the Chicory personality has the potential for great inner strength and a strong ability to love unconditionally. In the positive state, the chicory personality becomes the “eternal mother,” spreading wings of kindness, warmth, and security – and providing shelter for others selflessly, with no expectation of reward.