Showing the single result
- Honeysuckle is the Bach Flower Remedy that allows you to live in the present rather than the past. The negative Honeysuckle state keeps a person “stuck” in the past – unable and unwilling to accept the changes of his or her present life, and expecting nothing good to come from the future.
- This state generally takes one two forms: First is the person who resists change and refuses to accept changes that come about through the continual flux of life. If there is to be a change, he wants to determine how and when that change will come about. And even then, he may not be happy with the results. For instance, a couple who has moved to a new city or a new part of town may talk continuously of the old neighbourhood and refuse to embrace the new. Thus it becomes impossible to make new friends or become accepted into the community.
- We’ve all seen individuals who refuse to accept the advances of time – and continue to dress and act as if they did in youth. This often happens to those in the movie industry, whose careers rested on their good looks.
- The Honeysuckle state is also apparent in those who have lost a spouse, but refuse to part with their belongings or move on to another relationship, even after years have passed. These are the people for whom the past was better than the present, and they want desperately to hang on to it. They cannot learn from the experiences of the past nor can they integrate those experiences into the present. Another form of the negative Honeysuckle state is evident when one has regrets about the past and cannot let them go. These individuals replay their missed opportunities and mistakes.
- The Honeysuckle state is common and understandable in the elderly. They believe that no new experiences are coming, so they relieve better days of the past. Honeysuckle can be used to combat the regret that one is growing old, and the use of this Bach Flower Essence to relieve that regret can result in a more youthful look – particularly in the skin and in a person’s bearing.
- The Honeysuckle state can be temporary, as in children gone off to camp or school who are homesick. This Bach Flower Remedy can relieve that anxiety and allow the child to gain full pleasure from his or her new experiences.
- In a positive Honeysuckle state, one is able to connect to the past and learn from it – holding on to good memories and letting go of regret over poor ones. Writers who bring back the past for our enjoyment are living in a positive Honeysuckle state.