Showing the single result
- Mimulus is the Bach Flower Essence for overcoming the fear of something that could be an actual threat, but has not materialized as such.
- Unlike Aspen personalities, whose generalized fears often cannot be named, the Mimulus personality fears real life. Fearing such things as a trip in an airplane, a shot from the doctor, a confrontation over some unpleasantness in the family, or an illness, the Mimulus personality is constantly filled with anxiety. The Mimulus baby will begin to cry upon awakening – even with no apparent reason, as if entering into this physical reality is just too painful to bear.
- Those with marked Mimulus traits tend to be physically delicate – with refined features and a tendency to blush easily, stammer, or suddenly become speechless. Others talk too much from sheer nervousness. Some are able to cover up their nervousness and appear self-confident in public, although they would prefer to be left alone.
- The Mimulus personality has a great need for “down time” to withdraw to a quiet spot and recharge without guilt. Mimulus children should always have their own room, as they need the quiet time to give their nerves a chance to recover from the day’s fearful activities.
- In the negative Mimulus state, individuals are hypersensitive to many things in the environment such as bright lights, noise, or an overabundance of activity – or even of food. When the pressure is great, the Mimulus person will fall ill, and they expect to fall ill. They’ll refer to a reoccurrence of “their headache,” “their bronchitis,” etc. Because they are over careful in recovery, their recovery is often delayed.
- The Mimulus personality is naturally peaceable, and even in anger is not threatening. Some in the Mimulus state will need Bach Flower Remedies as an ongoing treatment, as the world tends to keep throwing their energies back out of balance. Treatment will help them come to grips with the fact that dwelling upon their fears will only serve to attract the situations they seek to avoid.
- Once in the positive state, these individuals are able to use their human understanding and sense of humour to help others who suffer from similar anxieties. Treatment with this Bach Flower Essence will help the Mimulus personality find its way out of the confusion and tackle his fears – which causes anxiety to dissolve. When in treatment, focusing upon and resolving one anxiety often causes several others to disappear at the same time.