Pamela’s: A Proud History
Pamela’s Products, started in 1988, is known for delicious, gluten free foods with a full line of baking mixes, cookies and snack bars. As a pioneer in both natural foods and gluten-free, Pamela’s still maintains leadership status in the industry. With ongoing improvement and innovation, Pamela’s Products continues to grow and embrace the many opportunities that lay ahead. Pamela’s strength comes from Pamela herself, who not only develops every product recipe, but personally chooses, tests and approves every ingredient. Pamela ensures top-quality products by sourcing the best ingredients available for optimal flavor and texture in every product.
What’s In Pamela’s Products?
Here are some of the reasons why Pamela’s stands out from the crowd:
- High quality sugars including, fruit juice, agave, coconut sugar, brown rice syrup and molasses create better tasting, decadent food.
- The palm shortening is made from the most healthful part of the palm and is sourced from companies with fair trade and environmental stewardship track records.
- Their nuts are from American suppliers to ensure freshness and quality.
- Minimally processed grains like certified gluten-free oats, brown rice, millet and sorghum are used whenever possible to provide the benefits of whole grains they offer.
- Sweet creamery butter (non-rBGH of course) and the highest quality monounsaturated safflower oil are used.
Pamela’s does not use low quality oils. The cardboard used in their packaging is made from recycled materials and are recyclable. Soy ink is used in all cardboard printing. They continue to seek additional sources of recycled materials. They are in the process of changing their plastic trays to 100% recycled material.
What’s Not In Pamela’s Products?
What they leave out is as important as what they put in:
- They never use any artificial additives
- They never use high fructose corn syrup
They have statements from all their suppliers that to the best of their knowledge, their ingredient is free of GMO’s. In addition, they randomly perform 3rd party testing on their products to ensure they are GMO-free. (Pamela’s has officially joined the non-GMO Project. Several of their products have been submitted and are undergoing the extensive and very thorough verification process.) They presently have the following products officially verified:
- All-Purpose Flour Artisan Blend
- Biscuit & Scone Mix
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Vanilla Cake Mix
- Dark Chocolate Frosting Mix
The non-GMO seal of approval will be applied to their packaging as each of their products become verified.
You can count on Pamela’s to source only the finest ingredients, and to maintain the strictest manufacturing standards so only the highest quality product arrives at your kitchen table.